Shirt Button

SHIRT   BUTTON

The other day, one of my brand new shirts was put up for washing after being worn just once. Imagine my surprise that after washing it transpired that one of the spare buttons had broken in half. Half of it was still hanging on. It was one of the two spare buttons which the manufacturer stitches on the lower edge of the shirt for your use if any of the regular front buttons break or gets damaged. It was fully intact when I had worn it. The shirt was fine in all other respects.
I am in a big dilemma as to what to do. If any of the main front buttons had broken then simply sew on the spare one. But what to do if the very spare is broken ? There are several options available, and so many things can happen.

Spare buttons provided with shirt

1. The shirt can be taken back to the store (I have the receipt) where they may admonish me “Only the spare button is broken, the shirt is intact, why are you making such a fuss ?” But it is a matter of principle as something has gone wrong.
2. The store may agree to replace the shirt, but the same design / colour may not be available, so I shall be stuck with the damaged shirt.
3. The store may agree to stitch on a new button in place of the broken button, but they can’t get a  matching one.

Mismatched buttons

4. The store may offer to replace all the buttons, but the buttons offered are of poor quality (I liked the original buttons)
5. If any / all the above happen, I may decide to come back with the shirt, having made a fool of myself there (with the store people laughing behind my back as well).
6. I can complain to the manufacturers, who shall reply as to how much they value the customers, how stringent they are in their quality control, blah, blah, and direct me to the store !
7. In view of all the above possibilities, I may decide to keep on wearing the shirt with the damaged button. But I shall curse myself every time I wear it on not getting the store to do something, the blood boiling every time.
8. I may in anger / frustration not wear the shirt any longer keeping it tucked away at the bottom the pile of shirts. But it shall be a waste of good money and a fine shirt.
9. I may decide to gift it to someone with the line that it is a new shirt, but the broken button shall be giveaway. Also a shirt of my liking will be lost.
10. I may give it away to one of the servants, who shall think of me going daft for giving away a new shirt. Even worse he may think that I am giving it away due to some  bad omen in the shirt, and not wear it himself.
11. In view of all this, the wife has offered to make a duster of it, which is as good as a challenge to me for not getting the store to do anything. Of course I did not agree to such tomfoolery.
12. I can wait for my son / daughter to grow up to fit the shirt, then give it to them. The drawback here is that they may not like the design.
I am in a real fix. What to do ?


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get all the buttons changed with new once of your liking .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

लपक लो

INDIAN RESTAURANTS ABROAD

Towel on the Chair Back